January 20, 2010

Spicy Dry Rub

Tonight I wanted to cook a whole chicken but didn't feel like my usual seasoning of garlic, rosemary, thyme and lemon. So, I decided to get creative. I created a dry rub of Ginger Powder, Garlic Powder, Mustard Powder, Cayenne Pepper and Paprika. I poured olive oil over the whole chicken then generous coated the chicken with my new rub. AMAZING!
I also cut up a couple Yukon Gold potatoes 30 minutes into cook and tossed them in the casserole dish with the chicken and mixed a bit of the rub in with them. AMAZING! A bit of heat and a great taste! Love it!

If you want to try: (I didn't measure as I did it so you can play around with the quantities)
Mustard Powder 1 part
Garlic Powder 2 parts
Ginger Powder 1 part
Cayenne Pepper 2 - 3 parts
Paprika 1 part

Start with a tablespoon as your unit of measure if you are coating a whole chicken.

No comments: