September 13, 2010

burning out

It was bound to happen; too much work, too much life, too much stress. I officially have my first cold of the season. Stuck in bed for most of the weekend trying desperately to get over it before Monday. It's sad when you are literally too busy with work to take a day off when sick. I also missed my 20k run this morning because of this silly cold. It is hard to run when you can't get your breath walking up your house stairs! I also can't breath out of my nose, which is also a problem when trying to run. sigh.. I hope it doesn't set me too far back considering I only have 2 weeks till the big race! Two weeks! Better get better soon.

Back to bed...

2 comments:

Skellyvision said...

:( feel better soon. xx

Bree said...

I recently read that you dont' actually start losing any advantage until you haven't run for 3 weeks, so it looks like you're in the clear.

Feel better soon!