February 17, 2011

family day

This Monday is Family Day. It is a newish holiday enacted by the government a few years back. It used to be an optional holiday for employers to bestow on their employees, but now, now it is an Ontario enforced holiday. I think the government felt sorry for the majority of us Canadians that are deprived of holiday time by only receiving the bare minimum of holiday time. And for our government to feel sorry for us! Common people! Really Canada 15 days a year? A YEAR! Not enough time. Seriously, give everyone one more week a year and I would bet a month's pay - ok maybe not - but I seriously believe that absenteeism, moral, productivity and general work-place efficiency would all go up. I would be happy to test my theory at any time...I hope my HR department reads my blog.

Happy Family Day all...I know I will enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: