February 23, 2011

the signs of spring

While on my way to work today- grudgingly - I decided today was a coffee morning. I've been trying to cut down but it's not gong well.  I went to my usual Timmy's and when I was placing my order the little sign had a simple image on it that brightened my day. All of a sudden the sky seems a little sunnier, the cold seemed a little warmer and the birds started chirping.  It was roll up the rim. (start cheesy music)

I placed my usual order - large black and drove around to the window.  When I reached out to pass my money along the nice Tim Horton's lady told me the car, well minivan, in front of me paid for my coffee.  How nice is that! The start of roll up the rim and a free coffee and nice people? Was I dreaming? And the icing on the cake - how could things get any better you ask? I won a free coffee with my cup.  If only work went so smoothly.

The start of roll up the rim is the start of spring.  We're almost there people; just a few more weeks. Thanks minivan people for making my day brighter. I will pay it forward tomorrow.

No comments: