August 6, 2008

Uberman Sleep Cycle

So, I have never slept well. I've always had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I'm always tired, no matter how much sleep I get. I was reading Dennis' Men's Health the other day and I came across something very interesting - the Uberman Sleep Cycle. I have heard of this but only in context of Leonardo da Vinci; it is said that Leonardo (we're on first name terms) only slept every other night in order to be most productive. The Uberman Sleep Cycle , otherwise known as polyphasic sleeping, involves 20-minute naps every 4 hours. Think of how productive you could be?!? It is said that many of the greats of our past operated in this way...Napoleon, Winston Churchill (love him), Thomas Edison to name a few. It's scary how much more you could get done.

I think I'll stick to my lazy 7 hours sleep a night, and make sure people don't over expect from me.... I guess I will never join the ranks of the greats!

If you're interesting, here's how to get into the cycle UBERMAN SLEEP CYCLE

No comments: