September 14, 2009

Cooking a whole chicken!


So the packages of chicken breasts were so expensive last week so I decided to protest the extreme price mark of chopping the chicken up into pieces and bought a whole chicken. Take that Galen Weston! Only the joke was on me because when I got home I realized I didn't know how to cook a whole chicken.

So, I decided to take the chicken by the legs and just do it. So here's what I did and what it turned out looking like...

I boiled a lemon for 10 minutes to heat it up enough to release the flavours and heat the chicken from the inside of the chicken, I then stuffed it inside the chicken.

I made a rub consisting of garlic, olive oil, thyme, rosemary and lemon zest and rubbed it all over the chicken and stuff a little inside too.

Cooked it for 1 hour and 40 minutes, basting it half way and throwing in potato wedges when I basted it.

Amazingly it turned out great! I even have a testimonial to the success! Given she is my sister and given she suffers from a need to encourage me and be positive but still!

Loved it! The potatoes were great too!

No comments: