September 21, 2009

Goodlife


I rejoined the life of a gym worker outter today. Back at Goodliife. I asked about membership costs and stuff while I was getting my membership reinstated and I was told the funniest thing. To save some money I can down grade my membership to a "london only" membership, which is fine because I have never used a gym outside of London - let's be honest, it's hard enough getting me to a gym in London- in order to do this I have to sign a new contract for a year - burn! I have been a member forever at Goodlife but that doesn't seem to count for anything over there. Nope, treated just like a newcomer, like I just walked in off the street and haven't paid thousands of dollars to the David Patell Evans retirement fund - no trust. You can catch a break at Goodlife. Then the girl tells me, as if a threat - if I down grade my membership I won't be able to use the fancy new "Platnum" gym out in Masonville. To this I think, wow! cool! the new gym must be something special, olympic size pool maybe? spa? hot tub? squash courts? nice dressing room? hot yoga studio? all of the things most of the other clubs don't have I might add.....to which she says no actually, it is the same as all the others but it's new and has less members. Huh? Honestly, the only redeeming feature of the new club is that they charge you more to go there so that there are less people using the facility at one time. Less people per class etc...ok there is something to that, but ONLY that? Common Goodlife....I reallize you dominate the London fitness market but can you please at least pretend that you're still trying??
sigh...where do I sign?

No comments: