May 11, 2010

Eat Local, CSA Community Shared Agriculture









Recently I have become more and more conscious about what I am eating. Since my Naturalpath told me I have several food allergies I have been paying more attention to what is out there and what is in the food we eat. Further to that I have been reading more about how eating food that is grown locally to you not only helps the environment and your local economy but it is also better for you. Less pesticides and less additives in food can only make you a healthier person. I found this blog of a local girl who blogs about her quest to eat local and become more aware - very cool! Eat Local London.

While trying to find a local service that delivers food crates I found this neat place in England that does what I'm looking to do. Fresh fruit and veg get delivered to your door weekly depending on what is in season; great idea! Abel & Cole.
A good link for London area farms is Ontario Farm Directory. Happy eating!

No comments: