October 21, 2011

rita's power protein crepes

Due to my upcoming Mexican adventure, I have been watching what i eat - bathing suit and all. A friend of mine is a fitness model and she looks far better in a bikini than I ever will so I take what she says as gospel. She passed along her breakfast routine and turns out it's really tasty, super healthy and fast! 

 Here's what you need to do:

1 cup of egg whites
1 egg
1/4 cup of oats
1 banana
1 tsp almond butter

Combine eggs whites, egg and oats together and blend. I use a hand blender. This is your batter. Pour a small amount into a frying pan (spray first with Pam), make sure that you spread it around a lot and make a thin crepe. Repeat 3 times.

Mush up the banana and add the almond butter together. Add this filling into the crepe and roll them up.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds really odd but at the same time really tasty!! I'll have to give these a try...maybe even the boys will like them! We're going on a cruise in december and I am definitely NOT bikini ready!!